Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dog Poop!

What kind of a day is it when your two postings are St. Peter's and dog poop. But I just had to add a note on this.

So Rome has a surprising number of pet - specifically dog - owners. And you see them everywhere walking their furry friends. But do any of them pick up the dog poop? NO! There is poop everywhere! I've noticed that some businesses throw saw dust (or something similar) on the poop that is in front of their shops. But otherwise, it is just up to the pedestrian to avoid walking through it. Not the easiest thing for little feet - or six wheeled strollers, for that matter - to do!

I guess this is one of the blessings of the almost daily rain we've had. It washes some of the poop away and provides you puddles to dip your contaminated feet in!

1 comment:

  1. Hello CJ, Leah, Celia, and Augustine. My parents told me about this blog. Great idea! I am really enjoying the written entries and the photos. Today (Jan 20) I started the spring semester. One of my classes is the history of Italian Renaissance, so we will perhaps be pondering the same works of art, though I will be looking at photos in a book. Enjoy Rome. -juan

    ReplyDelete